We will be offering Holy Supper remotely during the regular 9:30am Sunday service on 21 June.
The Holy Supper portion of the service will take place between the children’s talk and the adult sermon.
If you would like to participate, you will need to prepare the elements at home. You will need red wine and unleavened bread. See the recipe below for how to make unleavened bread.
Recipe for Holy Supper Bread (serves about 4)
- 1/4 cup (rounded) wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ice-cold water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix 1/4 (rounded) cup wheat flour with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and mix until oil is fully incorporated.
- Add 1 tbsp ice-cold water and work the dough until it all comes together. You want a dough that is sticky enough to hold together but dry enough not to stick to your hands.
- Flatten into a 4mm thick circle on a baking sheet. You can use two sheets of parchment paper and a rolling pin or even just a flat bottom pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
This video is by a New Church minister, currently based in Australia, talking about doing Holy Supper remotely. The video will jump in to where he’s explaining how he makes Holy Supper bread but the whole video is good. (His recipe is double the amounts above and differs slightly from the instructions above.)