For 3 Sundays in October we’re having sermons about repenting from various sins (see “Sermons on Specific Commandments and Example Worksheets” below). To really engage with this work in your own life we highly recommend that you use the worksheets from the Begin a New Life program.
- Begin a New Life Worksheets – One Page Version (PDF)
- Begin a New Life Worksheets – Full Version (PDF)
There are also a lot more resources to support you in this work on the Begin a New Life website, www.beginanewlife.info.
- Introduction & Getting Started – This outlines the different pieces of the program and walks you through different ways to get started. It also includes brief descriptions of how this program can help people struggling with a variety of issues—addiction, anxiety, challenges in marriage, etc.
- Sourcebook – There is a sourcebook that has a lot of useful supplementary materials to support you in the doing the work with the worksheets. There’s even detailed instructions about how to print your own sourcebook (PDF).
Sermons on Specific Commandments and Example Worksheets
Here are the sermons we’ve preached so far on repenting from breaking specific commandments and also examples of how you might fill out the worksheets. (We will add more as we go.)
- Bearing False Witness
You can listen to audio recordings of these sermons here: Audio Recordings of Sermons on Specific Commandments.
Sermons on the Steps of Repentance
We also have sermons about each of the steps of the process of repentance:
- “The Steps of Repentance – Step 1: Examine Yourself” (PDF)
- “The Steps of Repentance – Step 2: Recognise and Acknowledge Your Sin” (PDF)
- “The Steps of Repentance – Step 3: Pray to the Lord” (PDF)
- “The Steps of Repentance – Step 4: Begin a New Life” (PDF)
You can listen to audio recordings of all these sermons here: Audio Recordings of Sermons on Steps of Repentance.
We Want to Help You
Helping people with their work of repentance is one of the most important things that a church can do so please let us know if you would like help—with figuring out how to use the worksheets, with printing the sourcebook, or with deeper questions of how to work on a particular challenge in your life. Email Malcolm (email@example.com), Joel (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Carey (email@example.com), or call us on 031 262 2342.